The Half Moon Studio Set is wood-block printed by hand with a simple half moon design on a traditional Bengali home spun, hand woven, fine weight Tussar Silk Khadi fabric.
Sustainable Wild Silk also known as Forest Silk is so named in relation to the natural environment it is reared and crafted in.
The names Eri Silk, Tussar Silk or Matka silk are also used depending on the moth genus.
This Tussar Silk cloth is lightweight, fine and textured.
It will arrive to you feeling quite starched but softens and drapes beautifully with wear.
The cut of the Smock Top is wide and loose in the traditional artist smock style.
The shorts designed to sit loose on the waist or low on the hips.
As such there is one free size option available.
Top fits UK size 6 - 26. Shorts size 6 -18
There are fine gathered pleats at the neck and wrists.
The fabric will soften beautifully and should be hand washed cool or dry cleaned to prevent colour fading.
The flat measurements of the garments are approximately:
Smock Top :
Cuff width 14cm
V neck 22cm
Length 58 cm
Hem width 82 cm
waist 45cm open drawstring
Leg legth 32cm
Indian hand-woven, hand block printed, fine silk:
- Hand wash or Dry Clean
- 100% Silk
- Made in Kolkata India
- Variations/unevenness in the cloth may be viewed as the beautiful traces of the craftsperson's hand and are welcomed by Poetwear as the individual character of each piece.
- The Poetwear label is hand stiched. The workshop asked for this detail as the embroidery is traditionally womans work whereas screenprinting work would go to the men.
Half Moon Silk Studio Set
Free UK orders
For the rest of Europe £12
International orders £20
Orders will normally be delivered within 3 to 5 working days of payment. As stock is very limited immediate payment is required to secure purchase. The quickest payment method for fastest delivery is to pay for goods manually by bank transfer.
Deliveries are made by Royal Mail on a tracked and signed for service.
Orders placed on a Friday afternoon, during the weekend, or on a Bank Holiday will be processed the following working day.
- Deliveries made by Royal Mail may require a signature on delivery.
- Saturdays and Sundays are NOT classed as working days.
- Poetwear cannot accept any liability for any delivery instructions which you give to the delivery company. If, for example, you ask the delivery company to leave your order in a different location to the one given at the time of your order (e.g. in a shed or garage, or with a neighbour), we cannot accept responsibility if you fail to receive the order.
- For your safety and security we do not currently deliver to collection points such as: PO Boxes, Amazon lockers, Collect Plus, and Parcel Motel. If you nominate a collection point as your delivery address, we cannot accept responsibility if you fail to receive the order.
Northern Ireland, Scottish Highlands, Isle of Man and Isle of Wight.
Please contact Poetwear to arrange reasonable delivery costs.
We accept returns for items bought online within 14 days of purchase. Items must be in a resalable condition with any tags still attached and unworn. Return postage is the responsibility of the customer. Please obtain proof of postage as we can not be responsible for lost or missing items.
Items must not be worn, have the original tags and be in resalable condition.