The Half Moon Studio Dress is wood-block printed by hand with a simple half moon design on a traditional Bengali home spun, hand woven, semi-sheer and fine weight Tussar Silk Khadi fabric.
Also known as Peace Silk or Ahimsa Silk due to its non violent ethical production.
Wild Silk or Forest Silk in relation to the natural environment it is made in.
Or Eri Silk, Tussar Silk or Matka silk depending on the moth genus.
Peace Silk is a process that does not involve harm to the silk worm. It is a slow process taking up to four weeks and allows for the metamorphosis from worm to moth. Once the moths have flown the cloudy cocoons are collected and hand spun into silk fibre which is then hand woven into traditional Khadi fabric.
The cut of the dress is wide and loose in the traditional artist smock style.
As such there is one free size option available. Fitting UK sizes 6 -26.
There are fine gathered pleats at the neck and wrists and it can be worn belted with the fabric tie or worn loose. It is lovely worn on its own, layered or with trousers.
The flat measurements of the garment are approximately:
Cuff width 14cm
V neck 22cm
Length 105 cm
Indian hand-woven, hand block printed, fine silk:
- Hand wash or Dry Clean
- 100% Silk
- Made in Kolkata India
- Variations/unevenness in the cloth may be viewed as the beautiful traces of the craftsperson's hand and are welcomed by Poetwear as the individual character of each piece.
- The Poetwear label is hand stiched. The workshop asked for this detail as the embroidery is traditionally womans work whereas screenprinting work would go to the men.
Half Moon Silk Studio Dress
Free UK orders
For the rest of Europe £12
International orders £20
Orders will normally be delivered within 3 to 5 working days of payment.
As stock is very limited immediate payment is required to secure purchase. The quickest payment method for fastest delivery is to pay for goods manually by bank transfer.
If your item is out of stock a forward order can be arranged by email.
Deliveries are made by Royal Mail on a tracked and signed for service.
Orders placed on a Friday afternoon, during the weekend, or on a Bank Holiday will be processed the following working day.
- Deliveries made by Royal Mail may require a signature on delivery.
- Saturdays and Sundays are NOT classed as working days.
- Poetwear cannot accept any liability for any delivery instructions which you give to the delivery company. If, for example, you ask the delivery company to leave your order in a different location to the one given at the time of your order (e.g. in a shed or garage, or with a neighbour), we cannot accept responsibility if you fail to receive the order.
- For your safety and security we do not currently deliver to collection points such as: PO Boxes, Amazon lockers, Collect Plus, and Parcel Motel. If you nominate a collection point as your delivery address, we cannot accept responsibility if you fail to receive the order.
Northern Ireland, Scottish Highlands, Isle of Man and Isle of Wight.
Please contact Poetwear to arrange reasonable delivery costs.