The Reform Dress is made using traditional Bengali home-spun, hand-woven, medium weight sustainable Wild Silk and cotton Khadi fabric.
This sustainable silk dress can be worn many different ways and is a versatile, comfortable and stylish shape.
Wild Silk also known as Forest Silk is so named in relation to the natural environment it is crafted in.
The names Eri Silk, Tussar Silk or Matka silk are also used for depending on the moth genus.
This particular cloth is fully sustainable and uses the waste from silk production and as a result is the slubbiest and most textured of all the Poetwear silks. Mixed with cotton it will arrive to you feeling quite starched but softens and drapes beautifully with wear.
The cut of the dress is wide and loose in the traditional artist Reform Dress style.
As such there is one free size option available. Fitting UK sizes 6 -16.
The dress can be worn belted with the fabric tie or worn loose. It is lovely worn on its own or layered with trousers and shirts.
The flat measurements of the garment are approximately:
Chest 58 cm
Hip 63 cm
Length 130 cm
Traditional hand-spun, hand-woven, Bengali Silk Cotton Khadi:
- Hand wash cold or dry clean
- 70% Silk 30% Cotton
- Made in Kolkata India
- Variations/unevenness in the cloth may be viewed as the beautiful traces of the craftsperson's hand and are welcomed by Poetwear as the individual character of each piece.
- The Poetwear label is hand stiched. The workshop asked for this detail as the embroidery is traditionally womans work whereas screenprinting work would go to the men.
Free UK orders
For the rest of Europe £12
International orders £20
Orders will normally be delivered within 3 to 5 working days of payment.
As stock is very limited immediate payment is required to secure purchase. The quickest payment method for fastest delivery is to pay for goods manually by bank transfer.
If your item is out of stock a forward order can be arranged by email.
Deliveries are made by Royal Mail on a tracked and signed for service.
Orders placed on a Friday afternoon, during the weekend, or on a Bank Holiday will be processed the following working day.
- Deliveries made by Royal Mail may require a signature on delivery.
- Saturdays and Sundays are NOT classed as working days.
- Poetwear cannot accept any liability for any delivery instructions which you give to the delivery company. If, for example, you ask the delivery company to leave your order in a different location to the one given at the time of your order (e.g. in a shed or garage, or with a neighbour), we cannot accept responsibility if you fail to receive the order.
- For your safety and security we do not currently deliver to collection points such as: PO Boxes, Amazon lockers, Collect Plus, and Parcel Motel. If you nominate a collection point as your delivery address, we cannot accept responsibility if you fail to receive the order.
Northern Ireland, Scottish Highlands, Isle of Man and Isle of Wight.
Please contact Poetwear to arrange reasonable delivery costs.