The Indigo Weave Smock Dress is made from traditional Indian homespun, hand woven, natural indigo dyed Khadi fabric.
This fabric has been woven and hand dyed by a Fairtrade certified rural Bengali village co-operative exclusively for Poetwear.
Using natural dyes is an important step in the production of our garments as they have a minimal environmental impact. Coming from nature means they are biodegradable and disposing of them does not cause pollution.
This dress will arrive to you flat and crisp. After washing it softens beautifully.
The finely gathered pleats at the neck and wrists make the dress drape elegantly and it can be worn belted with the fabric tie or worn loose, on its own or layered.
The cut of the dress is wide and loose in the traditional artist smock style.
As such there is one free size option available. Fitting UK sizes 6 - 26.
The flat measurements of the garment are approximately:
Cuff width 13cm
V neck 22cm
Length 135 cm
Hem width 90cm
Fabric tie 200cm x 5 cm
Indian hand-woven Indigo dye cotton:
- Wash by hand for first wash and to resist colour fade and then 30 degree machine wash
- 100% cotton
- Made in Kolkata India
- Variations/unevenness in the cloth may be viewed as the beautiful traces of the craftsperson's hand and are welcomed by Poetwear as the individual character of each piece.
- The Poetwear label is hand stiched. The workshop asked for this detail as the embroidery is traditionally womans work whereas screenprinting work would go to the men.
Indigo Weave Smock
Free UK orders
For the rest of Europe £12
International orders £20
Orders will normally be delivered within 3 to 5 working days of payment.
As stock is very limited immediate payment is required to secure purchase. The quickest payment method for fastest delivery is to pay for goods manually by bank transfer.
If your item is out of stock a forward order can be arranged by email.
Deliveries are made by Royal Mail on a tracked and signed for service.
Orders placed on a Friday afternoon, during the weekend, or on a Bank Holiday will be processed the following working day.
- Deliveries made by Royal Mail may require a signature on delivery.
- Saturdays and Sundays are NOT classed as working days.
- Poetwear cannot accept any liability for any delivery instructions which you give to the delivery company. If, for example, you ask the delivery company to leave your order in a different location to the one given at the time of your order (e.g. in a shed or garage, or with a neighbour), we cannot accept responsibility if you fail to receive the order.
- For your safety and security we do not currently deliver to collection points such as: PO Boxes, Amazon lockers, Collect Plus, and Parcel Motel. If you nominate a collection point as your delivery address, we cannot accept responsibility if you fail to receive the order.
Northern Ireland, Scottish Highlands, Isle of Man and Isle of Wight.
Please contact Poetwear to arrange reasonable delivery costs.